Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The reprinted invitations came, sans typo this time. Envelopes are being addressed by the lovely Miss Dahl (hmm...won't be able to refer to her as that in several months) with some calligraphy pens that we bought ourselves.

Two weekends ago, we went out to Bethel Bakery, tasted some cakes, and looked at some designs. They're a nice little bakery that was recently featured on a WQED documentary. We've put down a deposit and will continue to fine-tune our decoration and filling choices over the coming month or so.

This past Saturday, we went with best man Brian to Top Hat Tuxedo, which (I swear!) is better than its web site design lets on. We tried on numerous things, and left with the satisfaction of knowing that our tux shopping was essentially over. I'll have to get measurements for the out-of-town guys, but that's about all. I'm currently still top-hat-less, which may or may not change; I think Brian and I convinced the owner to buy a more traditional top hat for his store that I may try on at a later date.

2 Comments:

Blogger yincrash said...

i don't think i would want anyone else to do my wedding for me.

10:25 PM  
Blogger Joolya said...

Hi - I don't know you - but I found your blog when I was oing a search for wedding venues. I'm a native Pittsbugrher and so, of course, want to have my wedding next year in the Burgh. But I live in Boston and I've never gotten married before so I'm a bit overwhelemed. I see that you looked at some of the same places as I am (Garden Center, various parks) so if you had any advice on who was helpful/unhelpful ... my email is joolya@gmail.com.
Good luck!

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home